Capacity Building of Women Gram Pradhans
Technical Agency for Capacity Building of Women Gram Panchayat Pradhans under Child Rights Project in Eastern UP
The Child Right Project in Eastern UP is an attempt to address the problems with regard to protection of children against violence, exploitation, abuse and deprivation from primary caregivers through building a protective environment, addressing especially the rights of children to education and protection. It proposes to widen the benefits to the whole community, rather than only to the direct beneficiaries. As part of the project design awareness will be raised among a large number of people and touch various community members, including all Women Village Panchayat Chairpersons of the project area.
With an objective to build capacities of Women Gram Panchayat Chairpersons Sahbhagi Shikshan Kendra is identified as technical agency. As an agency SSK is responsible for the purpose of capacity building process in the field for achieving the desired results. The project is implementing in three districts; Mirzapur, Jaunpur and Sonbhadra of Eastern UP.
- To understand the learning needs of the elected representatives particularly of women elected representatives.
- To understand region specific needs of the elected representatives so as to they improve their effectiveness.
- To develop comprehensive training module and course content in local and easy language to be used during training of elected representatives.
- To develop cadre of trained human recourse at the field level on the issues of local self governance, child rights and political participation of women elected representatives
- To promote political participation of elected representatives through structured training programme.
- Training need assessment
- Development and finalization of training module, participants handbook and training tool kit
- Selection of master trainer and their induction
- Pilot testing of module/training material
- 6 days training of women pradhans in three districts
- Follow up in selected sample area
- Refresher workshop
- Enhance perspective of Master Trainers on the issues related to local self-governance with due focuses on salient features of UP panchayati Raj Act and 1 points child friendly agenda
- Building a cadre of trained human resource on PRI and 10 points child friendly agenda
- Enhancing training and facilitation skill of the master trainer in respective districts
- Strengthened capacity of women pradhans and building their analytical skills so that they are able to analyze village situation and issues particularly related to child rights as women elected representatives
- Enhanced perspective of women pradhan in ensuring inter linkage between PRIs and social security entitlement with due focus on 10 point child friendly agenda
- Building a resource base on good practices on Women in politics in print and through production of video and documentary
Supported by: UNICEF